Bregje Horsten Art.
Bregje Horsten (1981) works in a field between the duality of figuration and abstraction. There is turmoil within the balance. This creates atmospheric landscapes with a restrained aesthetic. Bregje always looks for the balance of imperfection.
She focuses on the process of painting itself, where figurative elements appear and disappear, although these are not the basis itself. References to music are often made, which makes the painting look like it’s in a constant motion.
Sometimes strongly felt through of the title, sometimes felt through what the viewer gives his attention to.
– Southern Nevada Museum of Fine Arts, Nevada U.S.A. 2013
– Solo exhibition at Museum Het Petershuis, Gennep, The Netherlands December 2013-2014
– solo exhibition at a Museum in North Carolina 2015
International Art Fair
– Art and Antique Fair ASH s’ Hertogenbosch, Gallery Mia Joosten Amsterdam 2014
– KIV Kunst in Valkenburg Chateau st. Gerlach 2014
– MARB-ART Marbella, Gallery Steiner Spain 2013
– Art Nocturne Knocke International arts & antiques fair of the European, Belgium 2013
– Rotary Art Fair, Evoluon, Gallery Mia Joosten Amsterdam, Eindhoven 2012
– Postmodernart manifesto, USA 2012