KIM JOHNNY(HYUNG SEOK)
At all times, he loves to be in communion with vigorous nature, so as to
“Experiment, Express and Emancipate”
for the sake of creating unique works.
His art is very manifold, that is to say, subjects and expressions of his works constantly alter depending on atmosphere thereby he lets himself to be spontaneous and unconstrained in order to express his veritable life and lots of emotions through his heart; as though reading his diary,
we are able to look into His Life by means of his distinctive art works.
He loves to make sketches on a small note, because Sketch and Drawing are essential in ART.
Masterpiece works have never ever come up suddenly; all the artist made sketches constantly; also field works are mentioned from so many great artist, because we can observe through our real eyes,
that is to say we can feel the natures.
As stated above, he gets hints and energies from natures also has rigorous principle and gets reacted very sensitively.
For instance, when a season changes, he detects difference of the air covering around his face, color of dust, air and sky; thereby his sentiments arise which would make him to change his art style.
“Claude Monet” is an artist giving an inspiration and motivations for this series. (He is also my teacher) In the past he imitated many of his works to understand his colors and emotions, hence his color charts and brush strokes akin to his style. Not only Monet’s style, but also principles of Impressionism, he actively accords with them.
I present few works in chronological order, but 2 styles; these days I am trying to merge between 2 techniques.
-Description : Dark deep blue tranquillity is situated in the heart.
The more it proliferates, the more an internal anxiety insidiously and impalpably storms.
– Size : 130 x 70 cm
– Date : November. 2014
– Materials : Acrylic, coffee, flour and water paint on canvas
– Description : Different colours(races) and different patterns(cultures) make them split up.
Seed rain pours down, then new lives and new leaves sprouting from their hearts.
Eventually they started to be back to brothers.
– Size : 70 x 130 cm
– Date : November. 2014
– Materials : Acrylic, coffee, flour, green tea and water paint on canvas
– Description : A deep background colour and diverse lights stars are a theme of this work, since I used various material to emphasize of its sensuality. This work can be seen differently depends on where we put, and weather. When we see it laying against the sun, would seem like small stone works.
– Size : 90 x 90 cm
– Date : January . 2015
– Materials : Acrylic, barely, coffee, cocoa and paint on canvas
– Description : Ardent orange light shines up all the earth.
A boisterous energy awakens everything, and allows flowers come into bloom.
The light is gratified, wants to see them much closer.
Cobalt blue water gets dried and yellow olive trees get dried by the overly strong light.
Now only it appears to be profound vestiges used to have every colour.
– Size : 80 x 80 cm
– Date : Jun. 2015
– Materials : Acrylic, flour, green tea, luibos tea, water paint, yellow tea on canvas
-Description : Depends on what we do, we got different thoughts, namely “Inspiration”. I just have choosen an expression style, then drew only specific moments, started and finished only when I was about to sleep and just woke up on the bed.
– Black pen, coffee and water paint on canvas
– Size : 25 x 30 cm
-Description :Ambiguous smiles from the dim windows from the twisted strange shady structures whilst walking through a melancholy bridge looking suspicious.
– Black pen on paper on canvas
– Size : 26 x 27 cm
-Description : A twisted earth. Since I was young, I love doodle; also with a simple black pan, we can simple introduce a very different world and freely add or mix anything coming across my mind.
– Black pen on paper
– Size : 20 x 15 cm
-Description : A vague image of imaginary mountain, and inspired by a short trip in Rome.
– Black pen on canvas
– Size : 27 x 36 cm